My Shopping List
Pizza Crust (Gluten-Free)
Courtesy of Gluten Intolerance Group
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 25 Min.
Marinate: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 c. gluten-free flour blend **
+ 2 tsp. sugar
+ 2 tsp. xanthan gum
+ 2 tsp. dry active yeast
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1 egg
+ 1/2 tsp. vinegar
+ 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
+ 1 c. very warm milk
*+ Brown Rice Flour Blend
+ 1 1/3 c. brown rice flour
+ 7 Tbsp. potato starch
+ 3 1/2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
*+ For 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend:
+ 1/2 c. rice flour
+ 1/2 c. cornstarch
+ 1/2 c. tapioca starch/flour
+ 1 Tbsp. potato flour
What to do:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, xanthan, yeast, and salt.
2. Add egg, vinegar, oil and milk to dry ingredients and mix for 3 minutes on high speed using an electric mixer.
3. Using a rubber spatula, spread dough evenly on a well-greased cookie sheet or 14-in. round pizza pan.
4. Let rise on top of a warm oven for 20-30 minutes
5. Bake crust at 425°F for 10 minutes. Top with pizza sauce, 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese and your choice of pizza toppings.
6. Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
* Courtesy of: Gluten Intolerance Group
Visit www.gluten.org to learn more about gluten intolerance.